High school and up
Classes and Clubs available to students in 9th grade and up.
Class Timings 1 hour
- Muslim Identity – What does it mean to be Muslim?
- Critical Thinking & Consuming Media
- Does having doubts make me a bad Muslim?
- Does God allow evil to exist?
- How can we control our emotions?
- What does Islam say about Mental Health?
- Who is Allah?
- Islam and Gender
- Embracing Ramadan with Mercy
Youth 202: Contemporary issues
Class Timings 1 hour
Young Muslims in the 202 section will engage with many contemporary issues that they come across in their everyday lives. These issues are often discussed amongst students within high school, social settings, and university.
By having the students discuss these contemporary issues within a controlled, masjid setting we allow them to engage with the issues while also instilling within them the correct Islamic positions on them. The topics covered within this section include:
- Why is Allah worthy of worship?
- Aqeedah (Islamic Creed & Theology)
- Atheism, Scientism, and Utilitarianism
- Good & Evil
- Ulum ul Qur’an (The Science of the Qur’an)
- Was the Qur’an written or revealed?
- Difference between Qur’an and Hadith
- Beginning of revelation
- Transmission, memorization, and preservation of the Qur’an
- Asbab an Nuzul (The reasons for revelation)
- The concept of abrogation
- Tafsir & Interpretation
Class Timing: 1 hours
In the 301 section young Muslims will be immersed in the ayat of the Qur’an through the science of Tafseer, or interpretation. In this class we will focus primarily on translation of the arabic ayat, linguistic phenomena, and basic tafseer. Although, the students will also be encouraged in the classroom to reflect on the ayat being discussed with regards to their relation to tazkiyyatun nafs (self purification & spirituality), ethical/ moral implications, and broader meanings within the Qur’an. Some of the specific ayat & surahs that will be discussed include:
- Surah Fatihah
- Surah al Hujurat
- Ayatul Kursi
- Surah al Kahf
- Surah Luqman